Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Service, Service, Service!

Hey! How are you guys?!?! Its good to hear that the house is finally coming along! I hope you send me some pics! Or shanni does anyways :D Oh wow so this week was way fun! I have more funny stories! :D But this morning we bucked hay!16 tons of hay! It was so freaking fun! But ever since we painted, the lady we painted for wanted to see if she could wash the paint out of my pants and so she has had my pants and so Ibucked hay in shorts! So I have scratches on my arms and legs and my facebecause I wanted to see how high I could throw one and we had already had a placethat was 6 rows high and I wanted to see if I could do 7 and so when I lifted itup it started to slip and so I caught it with my face :D I got it up there so it was worth it! It probably weighed about 90-100 lbs. Most of them were 80-85 but this one was a little wet so it was a little more heavy. But ya that was a really good workout and now I can say that I have bucked hay! OK so my funny story of the week! This lady calls us, she has been a member for a little over a year. She is moving and wants our help. Well we are pretty much pro movers by now and so we said sure and we went over there on Thursday... she says OK now I am really good at moving and I only want to do this once and so we have to do it right the first time.... we are like sweet. so her lawn is divided by a concrete path going to her front door... she says everything I am keeping goes on the right side and everything that is going in the yard sale goes on the left side.... simple enough. So we start moving stuff and there is me and elder Clyde and her nephew.. and so we move all her stuff out on the lawn (her piano, leather couch,all her clothes, 3 Tiffany lamps, every freaking thing she owns) except a bed and a TV. Then we get all the yard sale stuff on the other side. Well after we do all this come to find out she is trying to get in an assisted living place that she wont know if she is accepted until Monday.... and then she wont be moving until tomorrow.(Tuesday) That's a pretty long time to have everything you own out on your front lawn especially when you invite everyone over for a yard sale and then yell at them that half of the lawn isn't for sale and so they turn around and leave! LOL OK so the story gets even better! We go over the next day (Friday) to get a few more things brought out for the yard sale for her and imagine this, her neighbors sprinklers came on and soaked everything... her piano and leather couch... etc.. and she goes ya we got a little rain! We laughed but we felt a little bad So we wiped down the piano and stuff and covered it with tarps, but I mean holy crap! Oh well it was funny :D We also helped 2 more people move this week and I painted some more... so ya 3 moves 1 paint job and 16 tons of hay make for a pretty good week :D So parents if you get crazy and do things like this Iam just going to have to put you out of MY misery. :D Well I am glad that youare both doing well! If I was to have you send me something it would be my workshoes either the ones I wore while painting with Dave or the ones I wore hunting.It doesn't matter. And like 3 more pair of my white gold toe socks! We do a lot of service :D If i kept those crappy navy pants I had you could send those too... but no big hurry I am doing fine :D I love you both so much! We had a baptism! It was amazing and I ended up speaking on the holy ghost! Which went well. We were actually combined with another baptism, and they invited the kids to the front like they always do, and they did the first one and one of the kids stood up to walk back and they said wait there is one more and so he went to turn back around and fell and ALMOST face planted in the water! lol One of the witnesses caught him by the back of the shirt :D That would have been way funny tho :D But anyways I love you guys so much and I think about you and pray for you all the time too! Thank you for your prayers! I love hearing from you! I got a few pics of you that are way funny! My comp goes why is he flipping you off? I said oh that's my dad! :D he wouldn't understand if I explained it to him :D I guess his family must be normal or something and they don't do that. I dunno :D They are missing out in my book :D Well everything is going good and I am excited to see the final on the house! I picked a good den color! he he! It just brings the blue out of the wood !!!!!(that ones for James!) Well anyways I love you so much take care and I will talk to you maybe Friday cause they only
gave us 2 hours of p-day today and then on Friday we get the whole day for p-day!
So we might email, if not I will talk to you Monday! love ya!
Love/ Elder RJ!

1 comment:

SheL said...

Ha ha I loved the story about the little kid almost falling in the water! I bet that was hilarious! Good job on the service Goobie.