Thursday, June 12, 2008

This Place is Amazing!

Hey! Wow this place is amazing! My comp is really cool! We get along really well. He is so funny! I can make him believe anything I want to...not that I should be practicing lying, but its too easy. His girlfriend got engaged when he was four and a half months out and its really weird cause she was 5 foot nothing, brown hair, tiny, going to school to be an elementary school teacher...etc. Its crazy and we do a lot of the same things...and so(we even use the same pens) he thinks that pres put us together to help me get through a dear john...when he got dear johned the guy marrying his girl called his apartment here in Spokane and rubbed it in his face...yeah he was a jerk and it set him back a little, but I do admire that he is still here and he works very hard! He really is awesome I couldn't ask for a better trainer! But since he has been out for 21 months he is going home soon. He lives in Logan, Utah and so I told him that in your letter you said no matter who my first comp is that you would hate them because you knew they were coming home before me and that you hate them and would not date them! LOL he believed me of course, but i told him J/K. Oh his name is Elder Clyde BTW. So I stopped by David and Jane's the first night we got here, we were staying over night at some neighbors houses, and I asked the guy driving us if he knew Dave or Jane Wilcox and he said he has only known Jane for a really long time, why? And so I told him. And he took us on a detour and we stopped by but just David and Izzy were there. But I'm not in their area. I am in North Spokane area and in the River Ridge Ward. I was hoping to get to see Piper! And Jane too because I know her a little better. But David was cool. It was funny he answered the door and I shook his hand and said hi to Izzy and asked if Jane was there and he gave me a pretty weird look and said "How do you know Jane?" LOL So I am really glad that you liked the flowers! So when we first got here we contacted a lady who Elder Clyde had tracked into earlier, and her name is Billie. She is an older lady and she is dying of liver failure. But she is really nice, and anyways, she says to us "yeah tomorrow is my birthday and I'm not going to see any of my family." and so we said well we will come by and see you. And the she says, "you will?" and we said Yes! And she said "oh that would be just great, I would love that, in fact I will get some cake and ice cream!" So we went and saw her the next day, and for her present we vacuumed her house and then sang her happy birthday and had cake and ice cream and taught her the first lesson. She was so thrilled and it was awesome. We have a return appointment for Wednesday. I think it Will go well. We also taught her about the priesthood and gave her a blessing and so I hope she gets feeling better. So my comp is pretty funny. He wanted to write you, so I told him to go ahead. I put some more pics in here... I hope you like them! Elder Clyde loved your cookies! You'll have to send some cookies again sometime! I loved them too BTW :) But I hope all is well with ya! You are so cute, I love pulling out your pics! Feel free to send more, and more, and more and more and even a little more! They never get old! Tell Maddie and Bailey that they are awesome and I loved their little letters! They are so cute. I wish I had more time to write...maybe I will write em next time! Anyways I love you so much! I hope everything is going good! It is going great here so don't worry! I love you! Take care of yourself and write me lots!
Elder Ryan John

No comments: